Mon Nov 15 EET (8 months ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Mon Nov 15 12:30am - Mon Nov 15 11:00am
Eureka Estate & Virtual
Hooggelegen Rd, Durbanville, Cape Town, 7551, South Africa
SAVCA is again proud to present its annual Venture Capital in Southern Africa Industry Conference in 2021. The conference, which is independent from the Private Equity Industry Conference, is aimed to be a highlight of the industry calendar and a key value add to SAVCA's members and the industry at large.
The conference setting is collegial, informative and inclusive; with delegate passes limited as we will adhere strictly to all covid protocols so attendees are ensured of a safe environment with meaningful networking opportunities with other delegates.
The conference aims to:
• Showcase the Southern African Venture Capital Industry.
• Promote venture capital asset classes.
• Create a compelling context for networking and information sharing amongst industry players.
• Establish a platform for building and solidifying SAVCA's relationships with industry organisations, investors, regulators and the media.
Who can attend?
• Senior-level representatives from venture capital fund managers active in South Africa, Southern Africa and other parts of Africa.
• Investors into private equity and venture capital funds.
• Regulators and policymakers.
• Senior-level representatives from service providers to the private equity and venture capital industry (including bankers, lawyers, advisors, consultants).
• Senior-level business representatives seeking funding.
The Southern African Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (SAVCA) is a non-profit industry association, representing 170 members in Southern Africa, who collectively manage in excess of R185bn in assets.
SAVCA promotes Southern African private equity and venture capital by engaging with regulators and legislators on a range of matters affecting the industry; providing relevant and insightful thought leadership and research on aspects that impact the industry; offering training and capacity building opportunities to stakeholders in the ecosystem; and by creating meaningful networking opportunities for industry players, investors and capital seekers.
Managing Director, Pivot Ventures
Managing Director, Endeavor South Africa
Managing Director: Endeavor South Africa
Group Executive - Investments and Corporate Finance: Rand Mutual Assurance (RMA)
Co-Founder: Empowerment Capital
Anup Kumar Adlakha
Founder & CEO: PE Front Office
Head - Alternative Investments: Alexander Forbes Investments
Partner Alternatives Venture Capital, Siemens Fonds Invest GmbH
General Partner, Kingson Capital
Lead Private Sector Specialist - Finance, Competitiveness and Innovation Global Practice, World Bank Group
Startup Business Development, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
CEO, SA SME
Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Newtown Partners
Founder and CEO, Legacy Impact Venture Enterprises Africa (LIVE Africa)
Mathabo Zandile Makhaya
Chairperson - Investment Subcommittee, Mineworkers Provident Fund
Deputy Director-General, Technology Innovation (Department of Science and Innovation)
Chief Investment Officer, Mineworkers Investment Company (MIC)
Acting Global Head, Disruptive Technologies and Venture Capital Investments, IFC
Faculty, UCT Development Finance Centre | Trustee, UCTRF
2021 Sponsors & Partners
• SaSME Fund
• IDF Capital
• Newtown Partners
• Norsod Finance
VIRTUAL STREAMING SPONSOR:
• PE Front Office
CONFERENCE NOTEBOOKS SPONSOR:
• Edge Growth
CARE PACKAGE SPONSOR:
• Knife Capital
• Jersey Finance
LANYARDS & NAME BADGES SPONSOR:
• SA SME Fund
• Africa Global Funds
• Africa Private Equity News
• Asset TV
• EB Net