Fri Apr 29 UTC (over 1 year ago)
In your timezone (EST): Thu Apr 28 8:00pm - Thu Apr 28 8:00pm
Amid a national push for net-zero emissions by 2060 and the growing appetite of international investors, China's green bond market is headed for another busy year, after reaching a new high in 2021, and surpassing its previous record of US$56.18 billion in 2019.
Further to China's proposal to exclude fossil fuel projects from the list of eligible green projects, this has brought the nation's green taxonomy closer to global standards, which has already lured more international investors to the onshore green bond market.
This webinar will explore the opportunities, challenges, and long-term potential for investing in the sustainable market. Each webinar will build on the previous discussion, giving investors, analysts, bankers, and other interested parties a guide to China’s green and sustainable financing markets.
• What are the best investment strategies for investors looking at China renewables?
• In what ways is the government supporting the investment into green energy?
• Facing challenges such as grid constraints, key material shortages and cost inflation, will China be able to realistically meet its ambitious targets?
• How will these projects be financed?
• How can investors assess the risks?
Senior Director - Business Development (China), CLP Holdings Limited
APAC ESG Investment Strategist, State Street Global Advisors
ESG Practice Lead, GMO LLC
Director, Sustainable Investing & Portfolio Manager, Fidelity International
Zhiming (Mark) Li
Managing Director, Head of SSA, Fixed Income, Investing Banking Department, CICC
Corporate Finance and Sustainability Editor, GlobalCapital
• China International Capital Corporation Limited (CICC)
• Association of Family Offices in Asia (AFO)
• Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Association (APSA)
• Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association (CAIA)
• China Social Investment Forum
• Guangzhou Green Finance Association
• SynTao Green Finance (STGF)