Thu Nov 18 NZDT - Fri Nov 19 NZDT (7 months ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Wed Nov 17 3:10pm - Thu Nov 18 9:25pm
50 Mayoral Drive, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Back for the 29th consecutive year our popular Tax Conference is the flagship event for tax professionals in New Zealand.
Designed to keep you across recent developments, the theme of this year's conference is "Tax – the new normal". The programme will focus on recent and signalled tax developments as the Government seeks to use the tax system to address inequality and level the playing field more generally.
Conference sessions will be presented by leading tax experts and academics, as well as key government officials, and the conference will include an address from the Minister of Revenue.
The Tax Conference 2021 is designed for tax professionals who are working within the accounting, legal, public and academic sectors.
• Gain practical insights into the taxation of residential land - bright-line extension and denial of interest deductions.
• Tax planning and the 39% tax rate – what is acceptable.
• Receive an international tax update from the OECD.
• Hear how the world will recover from the COVID hangover – an investors perspective of the global economy.
• Practical updates on the revised loss rules and domestic trust disclosure requirements.
• Learn how the accountancy profession will bring about diversity.
The conference gives you the opportunity to connect and network with like-minded tax professionals, while the programme provides you with key insights and practical tools to help enhance your career.