|Event Date||Thu Mar 11 EST (over 1 year ago)|
Very often not enough planning and diligence is given at the front end to the choosing the most appropriate and viable business structure both in terms of the initial set-up and continuing operation of the business as well as in view of tax implications and exit strategies that may be relevant when business owners seek to divest themselves of their business interests. Practical examples and case studies are used to reinforce some of the key concepts and requirements relevant to the various business structures.
This seminar specifically focuses on the income tax, CGT and GST tips, traps, pitfalls and planning strategies associated with a varying array of potential business structures.
• Legal and tax characteristics of corporate entities as business vehicles
• Legal and tax characteristics of sole proprietorships, trusts and partnerships as business vehicles
• Income tax, CGT and GST implications of using particular business structures both during the operation of the business and upon exit
• Comparative analysis of the core business vehicles and tips and traps relevant to each
• Overview of the structure and nature of hybrid business vehicles
• Viable planning strategies and methods for evolving from an existing business structure to a new type of structure in a tax efficient manner