|Event Date||Thu Mar 24 EDT (in about 2 months)|
Indiana Wesleyan University
4201 S Washington St, Marion, IN 46953, USA
Attend this proactive seminar and gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES!
The objectives of the first part of the seminar consist of the following:
• Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms),
• Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules,
• Discuss recent changes in the tax code including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA) and the CARES Act and how they affect the bank’s “individual” borrowers/guarantors, and
• Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services.
The second part includes:
• Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return,
• Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities,
• Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns, and
• Discuss updates in the tax code including the TCJA, CARES Act, and proposed tax legislation and how they apply to businesses.
Who Should Attend
• Commercial lenders, credit analysts, mortgage lenders, consumer lenders, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers.
Mr. David Osburn
Founder, Osburn & Associates, LLC