Tue Nov 2 PDT (in 15 days)
In your timezone (EDT): Tue Nov 2 3:00pm - Tue Nov 2 4:30pm
The chargeback process is riddled with rules and time restrictions. Don’t risk a loss for your financial institution or card holder. Learn the ins and outs of debit card chargebacks to protect everyone’s rights.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able to:
• Analyze the exception-related transaction data in an authorization message
• Differentiate the types of POS transactions
• Identify documents needed for the most common exception conditions
• Explain the dispute resolution cycle and maximum timeframes
• Distinguish fraud-related from non-fraud-related cardholder claims
• Name the chargeback reason codes used most often
Mastercard dispute resolution rules are complex. Your institution’s ability to recover funds from a merchant is primarily based on the authorization’s transaction data. Failure to adhere to the rules and time limits can result in a loss of chargeback rights – and a potential financial loss for you or your cardholder.
What information is needed from the cardholder? When are chargeback rights available? What if you cannot recover funds from the merchant through a chargeback? These questions and many more will be answered.
Diana Kern, AAP