|Event Date||Tue Dec 8 EST (about 1 year ago)|
This webinar will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers.
This session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
The remainder of the seminar will cover the following “advanced” tax topics related to business clients:
• Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure
• Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
• Real Estate Issues including Personal Residence, Rentals, Home Offices, and 1031 Tax-Free Exchanges
• Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” Plans and Captive Insurance
• Estate Planning Issues including Gifting
• Year-End Tax Strategies
• Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA)
Owner, Osburn & Associates