|Organizer||Bonhill Group PLC|
|Submission deadline||24 May 2021 5:00pm EDT (5 months ago)|
|Date Awarded||9 Sep 2021 5:00pm EDT (about 1 month ago)|
Throughout the last 18 months of the pandemic, there has been greater urgency for conversations on racial injustice and gender diversity. Sadly, the asset management industry’s internal record on DEI is mixed at best. According to research by McKinsey (2020), women represent just 19% of C-level and president roles at North American asset management firms, and 59% of North American asset managers do not set diversity and inclusion-specific targets for their leadership positions.
This cannot continue. The good news is that more managers and firms are determined to make a change. 63% of North American managers have now implemented policies and practices to reduce gender bias in their evaluation systems (McKinsey 2020). We know that companies that lead in racial, ethnic, and gender diversity are more likely to be profitable than their peers, so why is it taking so long for this shift to happen? It is because the industry as a whole needs a make a fundamental shift. DEI is more than just a corporate and social responsibility initiative, it is the core ingredient to a more sustainable business model.
The Awards series has been working to change these statistics by providing a platform to showcase professionals from across the United States that are striving for more ethical and responsible investment decisions, and that are promoting the importance of a more inclusive sector.
We will reunite the asset and wealth management community to shine a light on outstanding industry talent and role models, as well as the employers that are implementing diversity initiatives to spearhead real change in the sector.
• Active US Equity Manager of the Year
• Advocate of the Year
• Board Director of the Year
• Bond Manager of the Year
• DEI Initiative of the Year
• Emerging Market Equities Leader of the Year
• Employer of the Year (over 250 employees)
• Employer of the Year (up to 250 employees)
• Engagement Project of the Year
• ESG Investment Manager of the Year
• Financial Inclusion Leader of the Year
• Global Equities Leader of the Year
• Index Leader of the Year
• Investment Consultant of the Year
• Male Ally of the Year
• Next Generation Leader of the Year
• Outstanding Contribution of the Year
• Returner of the Year
• Systematic Leader of the Year
• Woman of the Year