|Date||17 Nov 2022 5:00pm EST in 12 months|
The US Census Bureau publishes national and regional data on the number of new housing units authorized by building permits; authorized, but not started; started; under construction; and completed. The data are for new, privately-owned housing units, excluding "HUD-code" manufactured (mobile) homes. The data are from the Building Permits Survey, and from the Survey of Construction (SOC), which is partially funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Local building permit data may be found on the Building Permits Survey webpage.
- Housing Starts Surprise with a Decline
- Rise in New Housing Starts Exceeds Expectations
- Latest Housing Starts Data Dampens Hopes of Quick Market Recovery
- Fresh Housing Starts Figures Fuel Market Recovery Optimism
- Home Construction Struggles to Maintain Momentum
- Housing Demand Remains Strong There but Where are the New Homes?