|Event Date||Sun Dec 5 EST - Wed Dec 8 EST (about 2 months ago)|
MCM Eleganté Suites
6450 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, USA
The one-of-a-kind conference offers new treasurers the opportunity to learn vital information about their duties and responsibilities so they can best serve the residents of their county.
Sessions focused on the core duties of the county treasurer, on such responsibilities as depository contracts and public fund investments, and on human resource issues.
By the end of this conference, you can expect to:
• Better understand the duties of the county treasurer and the role you play in county government.
• Be familiar with the online County Treasurers’ Resource Guide.
• Know the proper record-keeping for the Fair Labors Standards Act (FLSA).
• Identify the laws of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and workers’ compensation.
• Have an in-depth understanding of depository contracts.
Hon. Jennifer Henderson
President, County Treasurers' Association of Texas; Schleicher County Treasurer
Ms. Michele Arseneau
Senior Human Resources Consultant, Texas Association of Counties
Ms. Lorie Floyd
HR Consultant, Texas Association of Counties
Hon. Cindy Yeatts Brown
Denton County Treasurer
Hon. Cheryl Chambers
Ellis County Treasurer
Hon. Katherine Hudson
Wise County Treasurer
Hon. Ida Tyler
Hale County Treasurer
Hon. Lesa Crosswhite
Taylor County Treasurer
Ms. Becky Freeman
Taylor County Assistant Treasurer
Hon. Mitzi Baker
Midland County Treasurer
Hon. Dianna Spieker
Tom Green County Treasurer
Hon. Gayla Hawkins
President-Elect, County Treasurers' Association of Texas; Grayson County Treasurer
Hon. Michael Lord Jr.,
Gaines County Treasurer
Ms. Rhita Koches
County Relations Officer, Texas Association of Counties
Ms. Aurora Flores
Legislative Consultant - Treasurers' Association & Core Legislative Group Coordinator, Texas Association of Counties
Hon. Alan Dierschke
Glasscock County Treasurer, Chair of the New Treasurers' Orientation Committee