|Event Date||Tue Nov 23 EST (in about 1 month)|
Attend this proactive webinar and learn a comprehensive approach to financial statement and cash flow analysis. The session will begin with analyzing the four financial statements- Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows.
This will include Revenue and Expense Recognition, FIFO, LIFO, and Average Inventory Costing Models, Operating Expenses (Repairs) versus Improvements, Depreciation including Straight-Line, Units-of-Production, and Double-Declining Balance, Amortization, and Depletion.
The webinar will also explore Accounts Receivable assessment, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Intangible Assets, Accounts Payable assessment, Capital and Operating Leases, and analysis of the Equity Section of the Balance Sheet including Partners’ Capital Accounts, Common and Preferred Stock, Treasury Stock, Stock Splits, and Retained Earnings. Additionally, the types or levels of financial statements will be highlighted including Company-Prepared, Compiled, Reviewed, and Audit.
The Audited Financial Statements will include “Unqualified, Qualified, Adverse, and Disclaimer.” The participant will then be introduced to a five-part Financial Statement Analysis Model which will include the Liquidity, Activity, Leverage, Operating Performance, and Cash Flow.
The Cash Flow section will include the business traditional EBITDA cash flow and personal cash flow of the business owner (using the 1040 tax return, including tax schedules and K-1s, and the personal financial statement). Additionally, the Global Cash Flow or combined “business & personal” cash flow model will be displayed. This will be followed by the Statement of Cash Flows (using the Direct and Indirect Methods), as prepared by the CPA, the UCA Cash Flow (using the Moody’s Lending Cloud software spreadsheet), Cash Basis Cash Flow, Fixed-Charge Coverage (FCC), Free Cash Flow (FCF), Commercial Real Estate Cash Flow, and Sensitivity analysis.
Additionally, the related topics of the Z-Score (bankruptcy predictor) and the Sustainable Growth models will be reviewed. Two case studies will be used to illustrate the five-part analysis model and the correct interpretation of the financial statements.
• Analyze the four financial statements including Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
• Explore Income Statement issues including Revenue Recognition, Inventory Costing, and Depreciation
• Cover Balance Sheet accounts including Accounts Receivable, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Accounts Payable, and the Equity Section
• Review the levels of financial statement reporting including Company-Prepared, Compiled, Reviewed, and Audit
• Analyze a “five-part” analysis model including Liquidity, Activity, Leverage, Operating Performance, and Cash Flow
• Analyze the EBITDA, personal (business owner), and Global Cash Flow analyses
• Explore the Statement of Cash Flows, the UCA Cash Flow, Cash Basis Cash Flow, Fixed-Charge Coverage, Free Cash Flow, Commercial Real Estate Cash Flow, and Sensitivity analysis
• Discuss the Z-score (bankruptcy predictor) and Sustainable Growths models
• Summarize the seminar concepts through Case Studies