Fri Dec 3 CST (about 2 months ago)
In your timezone (EST): Fri Dec 3 10:00am - Fri Dec 3 6:00pm
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
1 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Don’t miss this year’s Bank Counsel Conference, the most prestigious gathering of bank counsel, which you can enjoy in-person or virtually from your home or office! Whether you provide general advice to a bank within the scope of a general practice or concentrate on one or more specific areas related to banking, this program will help you identify and manage cutting-edge issues that are central to your clients and your practice. Bank officers and directors, compliance and risk management personnel, internal auditors, and independent bank consultants also will benefit from this program.
Topics to be covered:
• Illinois Update – Recent Developments in Banking Law. The new Illinois Community Reinvestment Act and Predatory Loan Prevention Act, Illinois Trust Code revisions, new Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, remote and electronic notarizations, new Juneteenth holiday, Banking Emergencies Act changes, foreclosure filing fee challenges, unclaimed property changes, sweeping federal rules changes, major court decisions, and, as always, much more!
• Regulatory Roundtable. Senior representatives of the IDFPR, OCC, FDIC, FRB Chicago and CFPB discuss the year’s major developments, along with their latest hot button issues and answers to your pressing questions!
• Maintaining an Ethical Work Environment in the “New Normal.” How can attorneys successfully navigate the ethical challenges of practicing in the new, post-pandemic normal? We’ll cover practical tips for email management, storing data in the cloud, and other expanded use of virtual tools and new technologies — all while preserving client confidentiality, safeguarding client information, and maintaining competence.
• The Future of Digital Mortgages. Mortgage lenders of all sizes are utilizing new technologies — with benefits ranging from lower costs, ease of access, and eliminating as many other steps as possible in the loan origination process. Many fintech solutions are available, and you must help
your clients carefully choose the right partner, with the right contractual protections — balancing considerations of data security, reputational risks, industry and compliance expertise, integration, and adaptability.
• Commercial Finance Update – Recent Trends in State & Federal Court Decisions. Join us for our ever-popular update on court decisions under UCC Article 9 and banking and commercial law generally. We’ll explore interesting cases on lien creation and perfection, priorities, enforcement, contract interpretation, and more. Make sure you know the latest cases and strategic opportunities as we head into a potentially treacherous time in the credit cycle.
• Consumer Banking Update – Recent Trends in Consumer Financial Services. Privacy, data breaches, preemption, debt collection, arbitration, enforcement proceedings, class actions, and those never-ending novel defenses brought yet another year of enthralling decisions in consumer financial services. Not to be missed!
Who Should Attend?
All attorneys who represent commercial banks, savings banks and other financial service providers, large or small. Whether you provide advice to banking clients as part of a general practice or concentrate in one or more specific areas related to banking, this program will help you identify and manage cutting edge issues that are central to your clients and your practice. Bank officers and directors, compliance and risk management personnel, internal auditors and independent bank consultants also will benefit from this program.
Executive Vice President and General Counsel, IBA
David W. DeCarlo
Deputy General Counsel for Banking, IDFPR
Senior Counsel, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
District Counsel, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
John J. Schroeder
Regional Director, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Monica M. Tynan, Regional Counsel, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Esq., Robinson, Stewart, Montgomery & Doppke, LLC
Managing Director & General Counsel, CrossCheck Compliance LLC
Justin C. Steffen
Esq., Partner, Barack Ferrazzano Financial Institutions Group
Michael L. Weissman
Esq., Levin Ginsburg
Marc P. Franson
Esq., Chapman and Cutler LLP