Qwoted is a free expert network: we help reporters connect with experts & we help those same experts build relationships with top reporters.
|Event Date||Thu Sep 16 EDT (over 1 year ago)|
The fifth episode of the 2021 Americas FIXinar series takes a deep dive into Repo and Blockchain. As the application of blockchain for repos starts being implemented by some banks, this session will explore whether blockchain is the solution the industry needs to help facilitate this highly manual repo process.
Come and join our panel of experts as they share their views and first-hand experience of blockchain and repos, providing insights that will help you in your role, as they debate:
• Why FIX is still relevant and why it matters
• If blockchain is the answer to reducing the current manual process, and what the issues are
• What the current challenges are and if regulation needs to be updated
• Can blockchain help in the quest for T+0 & T+1?
• How can Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) be involved and is this the next generation of stock exchanges?
• What the disruptive influence of cryptocurrencies means for Repo