|Event Date||Thu Feb 11 EST (9 months ago)|
Recent changes in regulation bringing retirement interest-only mortgages into the standard Mortgage Conduct of Business (MCOB) rules have added further opportunities. On the other hand, the ever-changing pension landscape adds increasing complexity.
This virtually presented course, in partnership with the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), is designed to upskill Mortgage Advisers to understand the wider implications and possibilities for customers looking to raise money in later life.
After completing this course you will be able to:
• Describe the market for lending in later life – including repayment, retirement interest-only and lifetime mortgages
• Explain how the need for income differs from the need for capital
• Describe the different reasons clients require additional income or capital
• Understand the implications involved in raising capital or income
• Describe the options available for raising capital or income
• Explain the options for replacing existing mortgage debt into retirement
• Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the options available
• Understand the suitability of the options available
• Analyse potential client scenarios
• Assess potential solutions for client scenarios