Tue Feb 22 CST (in about 1 month)
In your timezone (EST): Tue Feb 22 1:00am - Tue Feb 22 1:00am
Financial Institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These enterprises seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk—no more, no less—to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “Optimal Risk-Taking.” This webinar will take you through the characteristics of strong Risk Assessments to ensure you address key areas of your institution. The presenter will share her experience in developing an enterprise-wide process to conduct Risk Assessments in a practical, sustainable, and easy way to understand. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately. This webinar will help you strengthen your existing Risk Assessments and create new ones for other areas as needed.
• Overall view of Enterprise Risk Management and key components
• The three key phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
• The Risk Assessment Process to enhance existing Risk Assessments
• Risk Assessment Characteristics of strong Risk Assessments and goals
• What is a Risk Assessment System (RAS) and its relationship to CAMELS rating
• The top eight risks and other important ones
• How to conduct an ERM Risk Assessment using a Matrix – The core of risk assessments
• The various types of risk assessments based on the area of risk and what they consist of
• Examples of ongoing Monitoring and Reporting tools
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, and the entire risk management team.
President & Founder, Malzahn Strategic