|Event Date||Tue Feb 1 EST (in 2 months)|
This CFO Forum will provide a platform and opportunity for Chief Financial Officers and controllers to exchange ideas freely, dissect problems and discuss important issues with peers. You do not want to miss this opportunity!
The Topics for each session will flow based on feedback from participants in the forum group. As necessary, subject matter experts will be brought in to cover specific issues and topics based on responses from forum members.
POSSIBLE FORUM TOPICS:
• Accounting issues - FASB guidance on liquidity and interest rate risk disclosures; Evolution of the ALLL toward the Current
• Expected Credit Loss model; FASB guidance on liquidity and interest rate risk disclosures
• ALCO issues - Getting the most from your model and your advisor; Board understanding of ALCO issues; Surviving the low/flat rate environment, enhancing your investment portfolio, non—core funding techniques.
• Bank profitability issues - Squeezing every basis point; Leading indicators of profitability versus lagging indicators; Customer profitability measurement, loan pricing, models, fee income generation.
• Regulatory issues - Increasing emphasis on enterprise risk management; Stress testing the capital plan; Assessing third-party vendor risk, Contingency Funding Plan evaluation
• Financial reporting issues - The CFO as Chief Measurement Officer; Reports that change behavior; Planning/budgeting issues; Improvements in Board reporting, and Dashboard.
• Personal growth - Making execution a priority; The CFO as a leader; Retention and motivation of financial function personnel
• Emerging issues - The CFO and cybersecurity; Analyzing technology investments and their risks; Succession planning for CFOs.
President of Stremming Consulting Services, LLC (SCS)