|Event Date||Wed Dec 1 EST - Thu Dec 2 EST (about 2 months ago)|
This event is a peer-learning event that focuses on structuring, organizing, and effectively managing the commercial real estate appraisal ordering and review function in your financial institution. The forum gives chief appraisers and other credit professionals who have the responsibility for ordering and reviewing commercial real estate appraisals the opportunity to expand their knowledge on a variety of issues via structured presentations given by a lead facilitator, guest speakers who are industry experts, and open round table discussions with other attendees.
The presentations and discussions will cover topics related to having an independent appraisal ordering and review process that complies with all regulatory expectations. You will benefit from the problem solving techniques discussed by your peers, regardless of the size of your institution. Expect to share information, ask questions, and exchange ideas to broaden your knowledge and understanding of the issues discussed. The forum presents an excellent opportunity for you to meet and discuss common challenges with your peers.
Who will benefit?
• Chief appraisers at financial institutions with up to $10 billion in assets.
• Managers of internal real estate appraisal ordering and review functions.
• Managers of out-sourced real estate appraisal functions.
• Staff in appraiser departments at institutions with more than $10 billion in assets.
Potential topics include:
• Regulatory issues: Interagency Guidelines, FIRREA, FDICIA, FFIEC, USPAP, and others.
• Policies and Procedures – Current requirements and practices.
• Scope-of-work development for appraiser engagement for a federally-related transaction.
• Cap rates and other economic dynamics in today’s markets.
• Appraisal review with a chief appraiser.
• Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines with a regulator.
• Tools for ordering appraisals and preparing evaluations.