Mon Nov 1 PDT - Thu Nov 4 PDT (in about 1 month)
In your timezone (EDT): Mon Nov 1 11:00am - Thu Nov 4 8:00pm
ARIA Resort & Casino, Las Vegas
3730 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89158, United States
Everything You Need to Know
How do I register for Connections?
• For all Customer, Industry Analyst, Financial Analyst, Press, and Prospective Customer attendees, please click here.
• For all Sponsoring or Non-Sponsoring Partner attendees, please click here.
Who can attend Connections?
Guidewire Connections is open to Guidewire customers, potential customers, insurance industry professionals, sponsors, contracted PartnerConnect partners, and invited guests.
Can I bring a guest?
Attendees are permitted to register 1 guest for a fee of $150.00. Guests must be at least 21 years old for liability purposes to attend Connections and any related evening functions. Registered guests are permitted to attend the Customer Appreciation Event. Each guest pass holder must be accompanied by a paying Guidewire Connections 2021 registration holder. The guest pass does not include access to sessions, breakfasts, lunches, or any other activities that are reserved for attendees with full event passes.
What's the recommended conference attire?
We recommend business casual. You might want to bring a jacket in case of cool temperatures in session rooms or outdoors in the evening.
Do I need to register for Connections on the website before accessing the mobile app?
Yes! Please register for Connections before downloading the mobile app. Only registered attendees are permitted to access. The Connections 2021 mobile app will be available in July.
What are the registration guidelines for non-sponsoring PartnerConnect Partners? PartnerConnect partners that opt not to sponsor may purchase the following:
• Business Associates, Access, Select, and Advantage members may purchase up to two conference invitations.
• Global Premier and Premier members may purchase up to four conference invitations.
• All partners are entitled to a 20% discount off the current registration price.
About the Innovation Awards:
‣Innovation Awards Overview
In its fifteenth year, the Innovation Awards highlight innovative projects, both original and well established, that have played a role in helping insurers meet their business and IT initiatives and are driving real benefits at their companies. The awards aim to honor customers that are making a significant impact on their business with Guidewire products.
Recognitions and Submissions
We are excited by the opportunity to recognize our customers’ hard work again this year. Innovation Award winners for 2021 will be recognized in an awards ceremony on the main stage during Connections 2021 and in a press release after the winners are announced.
We will not have specific award categories this year as we don’t want to limit your entries in any way. The suggestions below are intended to help get you started. Business Success Innovation (Overall business initiative that is bringing benefits across the company)
• Core system replacement that is part of a larger corporate initiative (via Guidewire Cloud, a public cloud, or on-premises)
• Metrics or benefits that are involved with the way the business is running (Customer is leveraging Guidewire Cloud and/or InsuranceNow and can now drive additional benefits due to time freed up for higher-value tasks)
Customer Experience Innovation (Benefitting policyholders; agents/brokers; internal)
• Digital engagement – drive more meaningful customer interactions through a seamless, omni-channel digital experience
• Reduced time to market – service
• Differentiated products – Create differentiated product offerings to provide choice as well as tailored solutions for specific customer segments
• Agent empowerment – Automate agent interactions to improve their responsiveness to customers
Change Management Innovation (Innovation best practices in change management)
• Value alignment
• Benefit realization
• Quick or under-budget implementation that is bringing significant IT and/or business benefits
Data, Analytics, and AI Innovation (Enabling a smarter insurance operation, reducing expenses, and profitable growth)
• Better, data-driven decisions – Organize and manage data to support better decisions by insurance workers and agents
• Improved productivity of actuaries, underwriters, claims adjusters, and agents
• Lower loss adjustment expenses by reducing re-adjudication and enabling more accurate claims triage
• Improved rating sophistication and granularity
Process Innovation (Resulting in quality/efficiency gains)
• Reduced time to market - product
• Streamlined claims handling – Reduce costs, improve claim outcomes, and increase satisfaction with streamlined claims handling
• Increased productivity – Provide insurance knowledge workers with the insight and tools they need to be more productive
The awards are also open to Guidewire PartnerConnect Consulting and Solution partners who submit jointly with a customer.
‣ Innovation Awards Guidelines
Guidewire Innovation Awards are open to customers who are in production with one or more Guidewire products. Customers should be able to communicate the benefits they are receiving from their innovation. The awards are open to those customers who have deployed Guidewire in a self-managed mode, in Guidewire Cloud, or in a PartnerConnect member’s cloud.
A representative from the insurance company submitted must be able to attend Connections to participate in the main stage awards ceremony.
Guidewire PartnerConnect Consulting and Solution partners may submit an entry but must do so jointly with a customer, and they must secure customer approval of the entry prior to its submission (partners can submit multiple entries but will need to focus on one customer per entry). Customer contact information is required for all submissions made by PartnerConnect partners. Historically, submissions made by partners who have worked closely with their customers on the content have been most successful. Partners that do not include a customer in their submission (or do not focus the submission on the customer’s innovation/benefits) will not be considered.
Entries will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Does the submission outline a clear change from “what was” (before the innovation) to “what is” (after the innovation)?
• What was the specific cause for change? Why did you do what you did?
• What is the magnitude of the impact of the innovation on the insurer’s business and the industry?
• Is your “business success through innovation” story compelling?
• Are your benefits being communicated clearly and succinctly? Please quantify them or provide specific examples where possible.
These tips are helpful hints and do not guarantee an award win. Make sure your submission tells the story of your project success. Tips for a good story include:
• Be entertaining (Provide numbers, a video, etc.).
• Show passion/emotion.
• Include the people/characters that played a key role.
• Be specific (Pick one or two things to focus the submission on and go deep).
• Clearly demonstrate how the innovation has helped you meet your business and IT goals.
• Provide relevant supporting materials when possible (ROI metrics, screenshots, video, etc.).
• Give yourself plenty of time to allow both business and technical groups involved with the project to review the submission.
‣ Hero Awards: Nominate A Hero Today!
Is there an individual who goes above and beyond to make your Guidewire project a success? An individual that:
• Steps up when there are challenges
• Leads change and transformation in your organization
• Overcomes adversity
• Fosters an environment of collaboration and teamwork
• Ensures project success
This is your chance to make it known! Recognize your peer for dedication to your Guidewire project by submitting a nomination today. Hero's will have the opportunity to be recognized on the main stage at Connections 2021 in November.
Please note: Award nominees must be from insurance companies that are Guidewire customers.
Susan Desmond-Hellmann, M.D.
Board Member, Pfizer
Round The World Yachtswoman, Subject of the Film Maiden
New York Times best-selling author
Founder and CEO, Not Impossible Labs
Chief Product Development Officer, Guidewire
Chief Evangelist, Guidewire
• One Inc
• Smart Communications
• Black comb
• Value Momentum
• ACI Worldwide
• Castle Bay Companies
• Commerce Bank
• Lexis Nexis
• NXT Level Technologies
• Polonious Case Management Solutions
• Prelude Software
• Sollerres Consulting
• Claim Tech