|Event Date||Mon Mar 14 EDT (3 months ago)|
The Event has proven challenging to many governments because of the wide variety of transactions and other events that must be considered. This class will begin by providing participants with a conceptual understanding of net investment in capital assets as a classification of net position in multiple reporting units presented in financial statements and annual comprehensive financial reports prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Then, those concepts will be applied to example facts and circumstances that are faced by preparers of GAAP-based state and local government financial statements.
Who Will Benefit: CFO/Finance Director, Controller, Accountant, Auditor
• Those who successfully complete this seminar should be able to identify:
• The role of net investment in capital assets as a component of net position
• The reporting units for which a net investment in capital assets is calculated
• Capital vs. noncapital liabilities and deferred resource flows
• Frequent missteps in the calculation of net investment in capital assets.
Michele Mark Levine
Director, Technical Services