|Event Date||Wed Nov 10 EST (8 months ago)|
NAREIM is an industry association, non-profit representing real estate investment managers with more than $2tn of AUM.
NAREIM is focused on leadership and organizational management strategies within real estate investment management – both the benchmarking of and the sharing of best practices for. Since 2017, NAREIM has tracked DEI metrics within investment management, measuring gender and ethnicity across seniority. In 2020, we launched a standalone DEI Survey, benchmarking DEI metrics and DEI program best practices..
The NAREIM DEI Summit is focused on best practices and resources in recruiting diverse talent into real estate investment management.
Bringing together real estate investment managers with diversity-focused partner organizations, members will discuss best practices for identifying and recruiting diverse talent to the industry, as well as hear case studies highlighting what is working and what is not working.
About this event
The meeting will focus on live projects currently underway in the industry to expand the pool of diverse candidates in investment management, as well as small group discussions, particularly internal corporate strategies for recruiting diverse junior and early stage talent.
With a focus on case studies highlighting what is working and what is not working, managers will learn about projects working to expand the pool of diverse candidates in investment management, as well as take part in small group discussions strategies for success, particularly in relation to junior and early-stage talent. Partner organizations included.
Group discussions will also focus on best practices for real estate investment management firms, asking:
• At the junior level, what is teachable? What isn’t?
• What should you really be looking for in early stage hires?
• How flexible are you willing to be?
Organizer of NAREIM DEI Summit
NAREIM is a small association for a reason – so you can candidly talk and network with your peers in the industry. Our meeting format is centered around small breakout group collaborative sessions where members:
• Review live case studies from fellow members
• Evaluate solutions, live and together, via a shared white board discussion
• Report back and share best practices with the peer group to be applied in the short, medium and longer-term
• NAREIM delivers, to every professional, at each of our member firms, opportunities to connect, collaborate and engage across 10 functional areas, including: Acquisitions, Architecture & Engineering, Asset & Portfolio Management, Capital Raising & IR, Data Strategy, Executive Office, Legal & Compliance, Marketing & Communications, Sustainability and Talent Management
Global Chief Operating Officer, Nuveen Real Estate, NAREIM DEI Committee Chair
Chair, Nuveen Real Estate
Director, Barings Real Estate
Barings Real Estate
Managing Partner, The CenterCap Group
Managing Director & Head of Human Resources, Clarion Partners
Gemini Rosemont Commercial Real Estate
Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and DEI, Heitman
Director, Human Resources, PGIM Real Estate
Principal Real Estate Investors
• Project Destined
• SIGHTHOUND Search Partners