Wed Sep 15 BST (about 1 month ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Wed Sep 15 9:30am - Wed Sep 15 11:15am
In partnership with the British Embassy in Madrid and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the UK, OMFIF convenes two panel discussions on sustainable finance. The speakers will focus on how Spain and the UK can work more closely to deliver the COP26 private finance hub strategy, as well as a wider global perspective ahead of COP26 in November.
Topics of discussion will include:
• Policy frameworks for mitigating climate-related financial risks in the UK and Spain.
• Best practice for green investments and driving green capital markets.
• Developing the COP26 private finance hub strategy to promote global alignment with Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures framework.
• Best practice for financial institutions assessing the credibility of companies’ transition plans to net zero.
High Level Climate Action Champion
Lord Mayor, City of London
President, Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the UK
Jose Maria Roldan
Chairman, Spanish Banking Association
Tomás Gomez Palacios
Managing Director Infrastructure, Investment Banking, Cantor Fitzgerald
Marta García De Oteyza
Responsible Banking Senior Manager, Banco Santander
Director, Oxford Sustainable Finance Programme, Lombard Odier Associate Professor of Sustainable Finance, University of Oxford; Director, UK Centre for Greening Finance & Investment
Global Head of Responsible Business, BBVA
Head, Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ)
Managing Director, Group Head, HSBC Centre of Sustainable Finance, HSBC
British Ambassador to Spain and Andorra
• British Embassy Madrid
• Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the United Kingdom