Wed Oct 16 CDT (about 2 years ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Wed Oct 16 9:00am - Wed Oct 16 6:00pm
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
1 Memorial Dr, Kansas City, MO 64198, USA
A one-day, hands-on-keyboard exercise in which participants observe and respond to different types of attacks such as ransomware or business email compromise. Teams share and review results, identify methods for improving defenses, then re-run the simulated attack to see if the suggested mitigation techniques improve results. These exercises are usually conducted in a single location (remote participation is optional) with 20-30 participants, enabling attendees to readily share insights and arrive at solutions with peers.
Participants experience technical training and management interaction with guidance and knowledge from industry experts, as well as peers. During the exercise, participants:
• Learn the setup and orientation of a simulated Bank.com environment and its tools.
• Explore defensive tools for analysis and trouble-ticket writing for an attack.
• Practice individual active defense techniques that could defend your network from an attack and mitigate its impact on operations.
• Build relationships with local law enforcement.
• Share lessons learned and ideas for future events.
• Receive a proven playbook and checklists.