|Event Date||Mon Mar 22 EDT - Sun Mar 28 EDT (7 months ago)|
GMW is an annual global awareness-raising campaign on the importance of ensuring that young people, from an early age, are financially aware, and are gradually acquiring the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours necessary to make sound financial decisions and ultimately achieve financial well-being and financial resilience.
Global Money Week 2021 may be different from how it was organised in the past due to the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. At the same time, it is now more important and relevant than ever to continue and enhance conversations with children and young people around money issues, so that they can feel confident in their skills and knowledge about managing financial matters. We encourage everyone to be active during the GMW, while at the same time to be safe and prudent and put the health of those involved in GMW activities ahead of anything else.
When organising GMW2021, please make sure to:
• Respect the national and local safety guidelines related to COVID-19.
• Prioritise digital interaction when in person activities are not recommended.
What is Global Money Week (GMW)?
GMW is an annual global awareness-raising campaign on the importance of ensuring that young people, from an early age, are financially aware, and are gradually acquiring the knowledge, skills, attitude and behaviours necessary to make sound financial decisions and ultimately achieve financial well-being and financial resilience.
How does Global Money Week Campaign work?
In brief, organisations across the world organise their own GMW events during the Week, and share news, photos and information with the GMW Secretariat. News of all these activities are linked to each other via social media, and the GMW website.
How to plan Global Money Week in your country?
• Explore GMW website for country overviews, available resources and inspiring ideas for your GMW.
• If you are a public institution that is already an OECD/INFE full or regular member, you may take the lead of GMW in your country, identifying goals you wish to achieve, engaging partners you wish you collaborate with, and coordinating the activities of all stakeholders in your country.
• If you are not a public institution or not an OECD/INFE full or regular member, check if there is one in your country and get in touch with them so that you can all coordinate to achieve higher impact.
• If there is no OECD/INFE full or regular member institutions in your country, but your institution would like to join, get in touch with our team, so that we can support you through the process.
• Collaborate with a range of organisations and institutions to plan GMW branded events and activities. Share your plans with the GMW Secretariat!