|Event Date||Mon Dec 6 EST - Tue Dec 7 EST (in about 2 months)|
|Location||New York, NY - Livestream|
About the Event:
The Evolution of Investment Management
For the past 18 months, our world has been defined by change and the financial industry is no exception. When an industry changes, it’s essential to distinguish between core truths that will persist and traditional practices that may not endure. Changes in the investment management industry are occurring due to data, technology, investor preferences, product features, and much more.
The most successful investment advisors seek opportunities to question what they know, reevaluate their opinions, and rethink their systems to adapt. That's why this conference will focus on the evolution of investment management.
Learn from the best of the best – investment advisors, portfolio managers, institutional consultants, industry experts, and Ivy League academics – and learn what works (and what doesn’t work) when navigating the evolution of investment management.
Why You Should Attend This Conference:
Disruption can create great opportunities.
Investment management is in flux, arguably more than it has been in a long time. Active management is under pressure, with investors switching from active to index funds. New “smart beta” products offer low-cost exposures to many active ideas. Model portfolio use is rising and expected to continue, as are exchange-traded funds. Markets and regulations have changed significantly over the past 10-20 years, and data and technology – which are increasingly important for investment management – are evolving even more rapidly.
In the midst of this change, what can we say about the future of investment management? What ideas will influence its evolution? What types of products will flourish over the next 5-10 years?
An entertaining fusion of Ivy League-quality education and practical application. Ivy League professors lay the groundwork of academic research and ideas, while successful practitioners share their playbooks. The Institute is hyper-focused on adding value to advisors and their clients.
The value of a membership association is its community. Even the right sponsors are carefully selected. The connections made at these events make a career-defining difference! Even virtually, we have carefully planned thoughtful networking opportunities and chances to connect with speakers, practitioners and peers.
• Recommend strategies for investment clients that are actionable, repeatable, and defensible
• Reevaluate traditional investment management opinions, wisdom, and processes
• Identify the range of options available for impact and social investing
• Learn the best practices of adding private investments into a portfolio
• Educate your taxable investors on the implications of proposed tax legislation
• Learn better methods of delivering investment advice and/or institutional consultation
Who Should Attend:
• Investment advisors
• Institutional consultants
• Investment management professionals
• Family office advisors and consultants
• Investment analysts
• Research analysts
• CIMA® and CPWA® certificants
• CIMA® and CPWA® candidates
• Wealth management professionals
• Financial services providers
Investment Advisor Forum is powered by the Certified Investment Management Advisor® (CIMA®) certification, the authoritative guide to consultative investment advice and management.
The Washington Update
Associate Professor, Business Ethics and Legal Studies in the Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
CIMA, President & Founder, T. Davidow Consulting, LLC
CIMA, Consulting Group Director, Morgan Stanley
• Capital Group
• Raymond James
• City National Rochdale
• First Republic Private Wealth Management
• American Century Investments
• Black Creek Group
• Charles Schwab