|Event Date||Wed Sep 15 EDT (about 1 month ago)|
The Learning Live Series features short, virtual, facilitated sessions that expand your knowledge of essential topics.
This session explains basic principles and practices of underwriting individual life insurance, with a focus on how technology is changing this essential function. Participants will learn how insurers collect and assess information about proposed insureds, the key risk factors that are evaluated during underwriting, and how the role of human underwriters is shifting due to increasingly digitized processes.
Topics covered include:
• The importance of sound underwriting to a company’s financial viability
• The primary activities that take place in new business operations
• Three types of risk factors and the various sources of information needed for sound underwriting
• How insurers use technological advances to increase the efficiency of new business and underwriting
• How insurers classify risks
Each live, interactive, two-hour Learning Live session addresses an industry-specific topic in our online virtual classroom. Facilitators and industry experts share high-quality educational content, lead discussions, and facilitate group activities to encourage strategic thinking and problem-solving.