|Event Date||Wed Feb 24 EST (8 months ago)|
The event will take place against the backdrop of the UK’s recent withdrawal from the EU. This will necessitate significant changes to the City Code to ensure a level playing field where there is a referral to both the Competition and Markets Authority and competition authorities across the EU and internationally. We are delighted that Simon Lindsay, Director General of the Takeover Panel, has confirmed his participation at the event. The programme will also look at the key factors influencing market practice including current economic conditions; climate change transition as a driver of M&A activity; shareholder engagement and activism; and future trends.
Issues to be covered include:
• What will be the impact of the National Security and Investment Bill (NSI) on takeovers with foreign national security implications?
• How will the new screening regime impact the bid timetable and tactics?
• What are the proposed changes to the City Code to reflect the new merger regime following the UK’s withdrawal from the EU?
• How are economic conditions impacting the market in distressed sales?
• How is climate change transition driving M&A activity?
• What is the impact of increased shareholder engagement and activism on takeover activity?
• Where is the M&A market heading in the future?
Who should attend?
This event should be attended by M&A practitioners in banks and the corporate world, finance directors, heads of strategy, general counsel, heads of legal and company secretaries. It will also be of interest to institutional investors, M&A and competition lawyers in private practice, specialist accountants, corporate brokers and other relevant advisors.
Director General, Takeover Panel
Director, Mergers, Competition and Markets Authority
Partner, Davis Polk LLP
Partner, Baker McKenzie
Partner, Baker McKenzie
Co-lead, Markets and Investor Advisory Practice, Flint Global
Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
Luca Andrea Frignani
Anders Ørjan Jensen
Partner, Gorrissen Federspiel
Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
Deputy Director, National Security and Investment Bill, Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Head of Corporate Finance, ICAEW
Dr Daniel Summerfield
Head of Corporate Affairs, Universities Superannuation Scheme
Counsel, Davis Polk LLP
Willianne van Zandwijk
Partner, A&L Goodbody
Director, Nomura Greentech
• Davis Polk
• Baker McKenzie