|Event Date||Thu Apr 8 EDT (6 months ago)|
The Small Business Administration (“SBA”) expansion of joint venture to all regulated small business joint venture categories provides small businesses with the opportunity to pursue prime contract opportunities with additional resources enhancing its eligibility for larger awards. However, SBA regulated joint ventures involve a stronger combination of venturer companies that can add management disputes, performance, and payment complications.
This 1 hour webinar will discuss the range of approaches to marketing joint ventures to federal procuring agencies along with negotiation and contractual performance strategies that can help increase your company’s competitiveness for award:
• What are joint ventures and is our company ready for joint venture contracting opportunities?
• Do we have vetted, qualified, trusted partners across one or more small business categories that would enhance our pursuit of set-aside opportunities for which we would not otherwise qualify?
• What is the lifecycle of a joint venture and can we anticipate greater profits via a joint venture relationship?
• During the market research phase did we successfully convince the procuring agency to consider joint ventures as a viable contract performance solution?
• What are the control and compliance requirements along with any exceptions available to anti-affiliation regulations applicable to joint ventures?
• What risks can be anticipated by joint venture contracting and what if one of our venture partners cannot meet performance requirements?
• What are the benefits of a mentor-protégé joint venture relationship and under what circumstances can a joint venture relationship result in our company exceeding the NAICS code assigned to the procurement?
• How will the past performance of the joint venture along with the venture partners and subcontractors be assessed during past performance evaluations?
• Do minority venturers have any protections in the event of ceding management control of the joint venture to a majority venturer?
This class will help executives, corporate counsel, and compliance officers of U.S. companies that are selling through the US supply chain understand how best to proceed with approaches to pursuing contract opportunities with vetted, qualified joint venture teammates to enhance proposal eligibility and resource for contract award performance.
Jerry Alfonso Miles, Esq.
Managing Principal of Deale Services, LLC