|Event Date||Mon Jul 26 EDT (11 months ago)|
Since March 2020, new payroll tax credits have been enacted, modified and extended. These credits are for sick and family leave, retaining employees, and special COBRA coverage. Highlights of each credit along with practice and due diligence considerations are covered. A list of resources about these credits is included in the materials.
• Basic operation and qualifications of the COVID-19 paid leave credits, Employee Retention Credit and COBRA credit
• Key factors to look for to determine qualification
• Due diligence including recordkeeping
• Identify when COVID employment tax credits apply to employers
• Recognize how to explain key requirements for qualifying for COVID-19 employment tax credits
CPA, CGMA, Esq., is a professor in and director of San José State University's graduate tax program (MST), teaching courses in tax research, accounting methods, property transactions, advanced individual taxation, employment tax, ethics, leadership, and tax policy.