Thu Aug 29 EAT - Fri Aug 30 EAT (about 2 years ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Thu Aug 29 1:00am - Fri Aug 30 7:00am
The implementation of Devolution in Kenya has resulted in the enhancement of the role of CPAs in governance of the country and public finance management. Since 2013, county governments have been involved in the budget formation processes, providing professionals an opportunity to contribute and share their expertise during the County Budget and Economic Forums among other steps in the process. Further, there have arisen challenges in areas such as revenue allocation as well as management of funds.
A number of reforms have been implemented relating to the management of public resources and devolution. The reforms have had mixed outcomes especially for counties. The government through the finance bill expects to formulate tax policies to collect revenue in order to fund government operations. A significant part of this revenue is expected to be generated from public debt which reduces the funds available for devolution. This, among other developments, has advised the organization of the Public Finance Management Seminar with the following topical areas:
• Reviewing the performance of Public Finance Management in county governments
• Status of IPSAS implementation in county governments
• Finance bill 2019: the expected tax and economic implications
• Audit committees in the public sector: are they effective?
• The effect of Public Debt on devolution
• Automation and devolution: analysis of the use of IFMIS in counties
• End of an era: analysis of the success of the current Auditor General
• Governance and ethics in public service: the best practices
• Emerging trends in accounting
• Effective Business communication in the Workplace