Mon Sep 13 UTC (7 days ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Mon Sep 13 8:00am - Mon Sep 13 9:00am
The California Lawyers Association (CLA) is a member-driven, mission-focused organization dedicated to the professional advancement of attorneys practicing in the state of California.
We thrive at the intersection of innovation and dedication—delivering high-quality programs, events, and resources and continuously seeking new ways to expand our offerings. Through premier educational and networking opportunities, our members can maintain expertise in their fields, build contacts, and uphold the legal profession and system.
As an independent entity, we can now provide greater value to our members, including direct communication with the California Legislature and the ability to be more responsive to each member’s needs. Together, we are committed to fostering excellence and fellowship throughout the California legal community.
Sections activities include:
• Publishing newsletters to keep members informed of new developments;
• Establishing committees through which members may actively participate;
• Presenting educational seminars on timely topics throughout the year;
• Originating legislation which, upon approval, is made a part of our legislative program;
• Recommending positions on pending legislation on behalf of the California Lawyers Association, and;
• Commenting on administrative regulations and rules of court.
Associate Attorney - State and Local Tax, Eversheds Sutherland