|Event Date||Fri May 21 EDT (5 months ago)|
Topics covered include:
• Should the review have made specific recommendations
• Why do retirees fail to enjoy the living standards that their super should provide by so often leaving a large amount to their estate
- How can financial planners change the mindset of withdrawing too little?
• Are tax concessions too generous for the wealthy?
- Should there be greater restrictions on the amount that can be contributed to super over a lifetime?
• Are current pension options offered by superannuation funds appropriate?
• Is there a need for greater innovation in retirement products?
• Will the report result in increased demand for annuity type products?
• To what extent can the age pension provide mitigation for longevity risk?
• Is it true to assert that home ownership and voluntary savings are just as important to sustaining an adequate retirement, if not more, than compulsory superannuation?
• Is the Pension Loan Scheme under-utilised?
- Is the interest rate still too high?
- Would a lower rate encourage greater usage?
• Is the mindset of retirees in respect of borrowing against the family home to fund retirement lifestyle in their best long-term interests?
• Should the family home be included in the assets test to encourage greater use of home equity to fund retirement?
• What should be done to create a better understanding of the superannuation system?
CEO, RICE WARNER
Principal, Athena IOC
Senior Partner, Senior Actuary, Mercer
Head of Retirement Income Research, Challenger Financial Services
CFA, Portfolio Manager Retirement Strategy Aware Super