|Event Date||Wed Mar 17 EDT (7 months ago)|
This webinar is part of MBA Education's Garrett, McAuley & Co. Mortgage Banking Management Webinar Series.
Warehouse lending has been a relatively low risk business since the mortgage industry improved starting in late 2008, but the mortgage business changes regularly, so warehouse lenders need to adapt.
Mike McAuley and Tom Kelly were experienced as warehouse lenders or as attorneys during previous severe industry downturns, and both work with strong and with vulnerable warehouse lending programs in today’s market. During this fully-updated webinar, they’ll focus on red flags for warehouse lenders, lessons learned from famous and more recent mortgage banker failures, best practices for identifying and mitigating risks, and developments in warehousing e-mortgages.
• What are some of the different market segments for warehouse lending and what does it take to be successful in them?
• What are the key risks of warehouse lending and how does a warehouse lender monitor its clients to manage those risks?
• Why your team should set key business goals and initiatives for management to achieve in 2021.
• What are the key fraud schemes and mitigants in warehouse lending?
• Which two crucial features are missing from many bank bailee letters that have led to bank losses?
Who Should Attend?
• Warehouse lending relationship managers and credit managers at established or new warehouse lending programs
• Bank Chief Risk Officers and Chief Credit Officers
• Members of Bank Boards of Directors
• Mortgage bank CEOs, CFOs, and other senior managers who work with warehouse lenders. companies
• Analysts who follow the publicly-traded banks with large warehouse lending businesses
Michael D. McAuley
Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Thomas O. Kelly
III, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP