Wed Dec 8 UTC - Fri Dec 10 UTC (in 11 days)
In your timezone (EST): Wed Dec 8 5:00am - Fri Dec 10 7:55am
The financial services sector supports individuals, SMEs, large companies, and policymakers. As such, it is arguably the most important sector when it comes to sustainability.
This Masterclass introduces the fundamental principles of sustainable development and their importance. It examines the relationship between sustainability, resilience, and business growth. Through different perspectives on sustainable finance and discussions around the emerging business models and what impact they have on the financial sector, it will explore how transformational change to sustainability can be delivered.
The Masterclass also sheds light on key national and international developments related to climate change, specifically the net-zero movements, and it provides an overview of key initiatives within the United Nations (UNEP FI, SDGs, UNFCCC, UNCTAD, etc.), focusing on the Paris Agreement and the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). From governance to risk management: we will discuss how to incorporate ESG risks into a risk appetite framework.
What will you get out of this Masterclass?
• You will learn about the key concepts of sustainability and their role in future economic growth and development
• You will be able to identify business risks and opportunities related to sustainability and their impact on long-term business success and viability
• You will be able to describe the key international institutions and agreements that affect sustainable development
• You will understand the impact of the linear economy on the triple bottom line (people, profit, planet) and how a circular economy can change this.
• You will be able to explain the concept of net-zero and describe how the financial sector contributes to the net-zero transition
• You will be able to explain the problem while creating sustainable corporate action and describe how to convert ideas and vision into actions that can be successfully implemented
• You will gain an overview of theories on creating sustainable behavioral change and describe how to overcome resistance
• You will understand how these seemingly disparate topics are interconnected and use this understanding to develop an action plan
• Practical solutions ready to be implemented in everyday business
• Global peer collaboration and networking
• Certificate of completion
Who is this Masterclass for?
• There is no formal prerequisite. The participants can be executives, managers, experts, specialists
Vera Spender Koubek
LIBF, Visiting Professor
La Banque Postale, Consultant, Non-Executive Director, Risk & Ethics
2021 Sponsor & Business Partner
• The London Institute of Banking & Finance