|Event Date||Mon Nov 8 EST - Fri Nov 12 EST (in 13 days)|
If you find it hard to talk about money, you’re not alone. That’s why every year we encourage people to open up about their finances. By having a conversation, you can improve your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
Want to talk about money in your organisation? Use our participation pack to help you kickstart a conversation in any walk of life, including:
• in your workplace
• at home with friends and family
• in financial services
• in local authorities and housing
• in education
• (plus our specialist resource for schools)
• in the third sector
• in healthcare
• on social media, at events and in the press.
Why talk about money?
During COVID-19 we may be physically closer than ever to our immediate families, but financially we are still distant from some of our loved ones.
The effect of the pandemic has made it more important than ever to start conversations about money.
Research shows that people who talk about money:
• make better and less risky financial decisions
• have stronger personal relationships
• help their children form good lifetime money habits
• feel less stressed or anxious and more in control.
• Building money conversations into our everyday lives also helps us build financial confidence and resilience to face whatever the future throws at us.