Wed May 11 +08 (12 days ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Tue May 10 12:00pm - Tue May 10 12:00pm
|Location||One Raffles Quay, #28-01 North Tower, Singapore 048583|
In November 2021, global leaders met at COP26 to take decisive action towards reducing the impact of climate change by accelerating decarbonization and mitigating greenhouse emissions to drive the transition to a net zero economy. It was agreed that collaboration between governments and businesses to change energy, industrial, economic and community systems is required to achieve these targets.
This collective goal is shared in APAC, although different energy demands and the socio-economic condition within the region can create a balancing act between achieving economic growth and climate goals. In 2020, 52% of global CO2 energy related emissions in 2020 coming from this region so there is clearly work to be done to drive change. How is APAC progressing on this journey and what can be done to support decarbonization in the region?
On the agenda:
• The state of play – overview of the regulatory landscape and current decarbonization efforts.
• Why Carbon? Key themes driving growth in the market.
• The evolution of the carbon markets - Lessons for APAC from ETS in the EU and US.
• Green financing trends – how to further mobilize capital.
Managing Director, Data & Analytics Division, LSEG
Group Head, Data & Analytics Division LSEG
Director of Carbon Research, Refinitiv, an LSEG Business
Innovation Lead, LSEG Labs
CEO, Climate Impact X (CIX)
Global Head of Focused Markets, Refinitiv, an LSEG Business
Editor, IFR Asia
• Climate Impact x
• Financial Markets Association of Singapore