Mon Oct 4 BST - Tue Oct 5 BST (24 days ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Mon Oct 4 3:00am - Tue Oct 5 12:00pm
Luton Hoo Hotel, Golf & Spa
The Mansion House, Luton LU1 3TQ, United Kingdom
The UK Risk Network is a highly targeted gathering of Risk Leaders from Europe’s leading financial institutions comprising retail and investment banks, hedge funds and asset managers as well as regulators, to network and share insights over two days. The event focus covers the entire risk spectrum including key regulations, market and credit risk, liquidity, operational risk, risk modelling and cyber security.
The risk function within the financial services industry is undergoing significant change. Impending regulations including ICAAP/ILAAP, SMA and GDPR look to fundamentally alter the application of regulations within financial services organisational frameworks to gain a greater focus on market, credit and operational risk. The risk function will require more flexibility than ever to put previous working models to best use for competitive advantage. However, with increasing internal controls to satisfy compliance this will affect the cost of day to day operations as well as profitability.
The global markets are also seeing complete upheaval combined with uncertainty at an all-time high with threats and requirements such as the ever increasing cyber risk, the UK’s exit from the European Union and the ongoing standardisation of the industry. One thing is clear – Risk management needs to form an integral part of business management.
• Economics and politics: Drilling into the macro across the globe
• Financial risk management in a late cycle economy
• Establishing effective operational resilience
• Credit risk – a crisis in the making?
• Best practice in outsourcing and third-party risk management
• Experience sharing: Stress testing and scenario analysis
• SM&CR and the impacts for your role and business
• Adapting to the increasing raft of regulation
• The practicalities of cyber risk and crisis management
• Financial services risk management without a regulator
• Brexit and politics – an end in sight but what’s next?
• Anticipating the future for FS CRO’s and their teams