Marty is a globally recognized financial executive and advisor with over 20 years of financial and operational experience in addressing over 75 special situation investments. As the co-founder of Buckle, an inclusive financial services platform company which is incorporating new technologies and data into insurance and credit products, alongside executing an M+A strategy, he is passionate about creating the USAA of the gig economy. He also serves as Managing Director at M-III Partners, the top Wall Street boutique restructuring firm, and serves on the Advisory Board of the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering of Georgia Tech.
Dustin Walsey (co-founder) and I are working to build a top notch, top tier management team at Buckle, and we are thrilled that our team now includes Sharon Fernandez. Sharon’s background represents an ideal fit for this newly created position as Head of Buckle Insurance with her broad property and casualty (P&C) background in both consumer and commercial lines.
04/17/20 -->What options are still available for small business owners who are struggling financially right now?
1. Begin planning for the fact that another round of funding is coming. That means you should be pulling together key documentation such as payroll reports, 940 and 941s to be prepared for the next round.
2. There are still SBA programs that are in place, which will take a longer time to be approved, but are worth pursuing.
3. Talk with key vendors and landlords to forgive or forgo payments.
4. If you have a current SBA loan, some of them are available for payment forgiveness.
5. Look to see if there are local grants through various city and state economic development organizations to assist business.