Romeo Razi, CPA

Founder at
On the record
Represented by:
Share profile 

I’m a former IRS revenue agent that now primarily focuses on helping small businesses and entrepreneurs. My time working for the IRS was extremely valuable. I’m able to use that knowledge to guide people and businesses around tax challenges they have. I write extensively on my blog,, but I’ve also written for Intuit and Marketwatch. If there's a topic or article you would like me to help you with (or write about) I'm available -- tax season or not.

Recent Quotes
Sign up to view all
  • Unfortunately, anybody can be a tax preparer,” says Romeo Razi, CPA, and founder and operator of Taxed Right, which offers concierge tax services for small-to-medium-sized businesses. “However, the best credentials that someone can have are a CPA license or an Enrolled Agent license (EA). The EA designation is given by the IRS after a tax preparer had taken a test. Also, EAs and CPAs must take 40 hours of continuing education a year to keep their license (i.e., to stay up to date on tax law changes).” -

  • "Normally, the best use of a person's tax refund is to pay down high-interest debt. However, each person's situation is different. But if you're one of the lucky ones and only have low-interest debt, it would be foolish to pay that off early. So instead those people should put their refund into a tax-advantaged retirement account, like a Traditional IRA (make sure to invest it in a low risk asset like an index fund or the S&P 500.) That way they save the money, it grows, and they can get a tax benefit for it too."

Sign up to view all